This internship is an unpaid position and requires a commitment of 3-4 hours per week for 6 months. Work hours and location can be flexible. As a volunteer intern you will: develop targeted media lists and kits, learn and implement media outreach strategies, contribute to our social media and knowledge translation efforts, attend events, and fine-tune your writing, editing, and proof-reading skills. Research and writing skills are required, along with knowledge of social media best practices.
- Assist with writing, editing, and distributing press materials
- Develop pitches, research story ideas, write press and news releases, and contact media
- Create and maintain a media contact list
- Create and display information packets at events
- Work on execution of social media strategies
- Assist on special projects as needed
- Understanding of traditional and new media
- Strong judgement
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Online research skills
- Interest in communications and desire to learn about mental health
- Strong work ethic, desire to work in a team
We encourage applications from people with personal or lived experience of mental illness, and/or who have a particular interest in studying mental health issues through a multi-disciplinary lens.